Monday, December 19, 2011

Wolf with Medicine Wheel Halo Earrings & Choker/Necklace Set


My husband came home from work one day with a request from one of his co-workers.  The gentleman wanted to purchase a cream/tan pair of Wolf Medicine Wheel earrings for his niece.  Great I thought...until.....
He wanted a necklace to match.  Not just another wolf beaded and hung on a chain, but a completely beaded choker style with a wolf hanging from it!

I am not a designer in any way shape or form and had no idea how I was going to do this.
So I had to brain storm...and fast.  Hubby's co-worker wanted the set as a Christmas gift.

I racked my brain for 3 days and still had no idea.  But then one morning when I handed Wolf his keys, it hit me. Last year I had beaded him a wolf paw keyring done in brick stitch.  This was a pattern that I had purchased from Mary Hipple (aka Kodiak)creator of Wolf Den Designz, as was the earrings.

Okay, now I had a foundation of a pattern idea.  My next idea was to incorporate the 4 medicine colors to coincide with the wolf head by beading each paw in one of the colors.  Four paws of different colors to represent the Medicine Wheel ~ PERFECT!

( Close ups of all 4 paws ~ I really wish that it was in a different color because the yellow paw really doesn't stand out like it should )

Now I had a design I could work with.  I completed a third wolf head to attach to the center.  Here is the final result....

After finishing the completed set, I decided that I wanted to see if this was something I should add to my product line.  So I decided to offer it here on my blog first..just as a test to see how it takes off.  I offer the Tan Medicine Wolf set and a Grey Wolf option, too.

If this is a set that you would be interested in, then place your order below.  $3 is added for shipping.  As this is a 'made to order item(s)', please allow 3-5 weeks for delivery ( though I believe it will a much shorter time frame.




Medicine Wheel Wolf Color/Item(s) Options
Choker Background Colors
Your Color option not listed


So tell me what you think by commenting below.  I am really proud of this set, so I do hope for a great response.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and stop back for more of my wild thoughts and ideas.

If you want to keep track of what I am doing at Wig~Wam Crafts, follow me on FaceBook.
You can also see more of my items at my shop on Zibbet!
 
Have a super great week and remember the blessings of our Creator for you, even if you can't see or feel them at any time!
~Spirit~

No comments:

Post a Comment